These wings will be your new favorite flavor. A balance of sweet, salty and spicey. Great for game days
· Heat cooking oil in a saucepan over medium high heat
· Sautee garlic and ginger until aromatic
· Add water, gochujang, soy, sesame oil, Fish sauce and brown sugar.
· Simmer until sauce coats the back of a spoon.
· Finish with sesame seeds and scallions.
· Pat chicken dry with paper towels
· Individually coat wing in starch and hold on resting rack
· Fry for 7 minutes at 350°F
· Remove from oil and rest of cooling rack for 3-5 minutes.
· Refry the wings in 350°F oil for 10 minutes or until coating is extra crispy
· Toss wings in gochujang sauce and serve.
The sauce can be salty so no need to add additional salt to the wings.
2 Tbsp. Cooking oil
2 Tbsp. Garlic (grated)
4 Tsp. Ginger (grated)
½ Cup. Gochujang pepper paste
½ Cup. Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp. Sesame oil
4 Tsp. Rice Wine Vinegar
½ Cup. Water
½ Cup. Brown Sugar
4 Tsp. Fish sauce
2 Tbsp. Sesame seeds
4 Ea. Scallions
24 Ea. Chicken Wing
1 Cup. Corn or Potato Starch
Oil to fry